We are doing private escorted tours for individuals, small groups or groups by car, minibus or coach / train / plane.
Our tours are intended for individuals, families and different sized parties.
We do not have scheduled tours where different people can enroll.
Some of our regular tours that we can arrange to suit your preferences, time and budget:
A Touch of Transylvania tour
Transylvania "the land over the forests" does exist! Presented like a magic world by the filmmakers this old province of Romania is one of the most romantic and inspiring region. Travel back in time to discover living history - castles and palaces, medieval cities, saxon villages and unspoiled nature.
village museum an introduction into Romanian countryside, walk into medieval Brasov, overnight in a historical house from XVII century, romantic Sibiu - UNESCO site, panorama of a saxon village from Biertan fortified church, mysterious Bran known as Dracula's Castle and the luxurios royal summer residence - Peles Castle
Day 1: Bucharest to Brasov and further to Sighisoara
The day starts with a panoramic sightseeing tour of Bucharest city - a blend between old and new, classic and modern.
Pay a visit inside the Parliament's Palace - the second largest building worldwide after the Pentagon, built during the last communist regime.
Our Bucharest tour ends in the Northern part of the city with a visit to the open air Village Museum.
In the afternoon, we reach Brasov, one of the largest mediaeval towns in Transylvania. Old fortification ruins of the former burg, the narrow and tortuous streets, the old baroque houses with their bulky arched gates, still, keeps in the downtown the mediaeval patina.
Visit Black Church - built between 1385-1477, one of the most important Gothic art monuments in Romania, impressing by its massiveness, the richness of architecture and its historical background.
End the day within the citadel of Sighisoara.
- Your guide will pick-you up from your hotel in Bucharest
- Sightseeing tour of Bucharest and visit Parliament Palace and Village Museum
- Sightseeing tour of Brasov including Councilor' Square, the Black Church, The Old City Hall, St. Nicholas Church
- Drive to Sighisoara
- Accommodation at 3* hotel in Sighisoara within the citadel walls.
Day 2: Romantic Sibiu and the picturesque Sighisoara
Today we shall drive to Sibiu - city mentioned for the first time in documents on 1192 under the name of Cibinum is one of the most romantic cities of Romania.
Through the Council Tower we arrive in the Small Square which is the old commercial center of the fortified citadel. The Liars Bridge is the first Cast Iron Bridge in Romania. Its name comes from the false love declarations young people used to promise in the evenings.
On return way to Sighisoara, stop in Biertan to have an outside view and maybe a visit inside (if time allows) to the fortified church, one of the most important among the Saxon fortifications in Southern Transylvania. Included in the UNESCO world patrimony, it was built in 15th-16th centuries in late Gothic style with specific Renaissance elements. For 300 years Biertan was chosen as the residence of the Evangelic Diocese (1572-1867).
Sighisoara is an ancient Romanian cradle located on Tarnave Plateau, one of the best-preserved 15th century citadel and the only mediaeval inhabited citadel in Europe. The citadel has 14 towers; each of them had been built and watched by a guild. Here lived, between 1431-1435, Vlad Dracul (Vlad the Devil), future Prince of Wallachia, thus called because the German Emperor knighted him as Knight of the Dragon. He was Vlad the Impaler's father known as Dracula, who was most probably born here in Sighisoara, on 1431.
- Sightseeing tour of medieval Sibiu including: Evangelical Church, Small Square, Catholic Church, Liar's Bridge
- Drive to Biertan. If time permitting, visit inside the fortified church
- Sightseeing tour of Sighisoara citadel : Clock Tower, The Citadel Walls, Wooden covered staircase, The church on the hill etc.
- Accommodation at same hotel in Sighisoara.
Day 3: Carpathian castles - Bran and Peles
Visit Bran Castle, the controversial and contested Dracula's Castle. The fortress-castle was built on 1377 by master masons of Brasov, on a cliff, dominating the whole region. It was arranged by Queen Maria into a most romantic castles: the old garret became the fourth floor, the old cylindrical tower with defense gallery became an apartment, Gothic stone arches framed the entrance doors, stairs and boarded floors were rebuilt.
After a winding drive we arrive in Sinaia - pearl of the Carpathians. Visit Peles Castle - former summer royal residence of Kings of Romania. It has 106 rooms, an imposing reception hall with fine ornaments of inlaid wood, a gallery of mirrors and a Florentine hall where one can admire splendid Murano chandeliers, a Moorish and Turkish drawing room.
End the day in Bucharest.
Tour Itinerary: Bucharest - Brasov - Sighisoara - Sibiu - Sighisoara - Bran - Sinaia - Bucharest
- Visit Bucharest and Brasov
- Visit Sibiu, Biertan (Saxon fortification) and Sighisoara
- Visit Bran Castle
- Visit Peles Castle and Sinaia monastery in Sinaia
- Transfer to your hotel in Bucharest or, if requested to Otopeni International Airport for flight back home.
Departures: daily. For Saturdays and Sundays departures we reserve the right to amend the itinerary and accommodations in order to reach all the attractions in the program.
- 2 nights accommodation (place in double room) on breakfast basis at 3 star historical hotel Casa Wagner/Casa cu Cerb/Sighisoara
- entrance fees to museums
- transportation by air conditioned car/minivan, depending on group size
- English speaking driving-guide assistance.
Not included in the above program:
- arrival/departure flights
- travel insurance (recommended by Lonely Planet)
- personal expenses of any kind, hotel services like phone calls, laundry, minibar, room service
- soft and alcoholic drinks with the main meals unless otherwise specified.